|...complete with travelling tins!|
I also made Victoria sponge, which is the perfect quick tea-time treat. Here's the recipe –
The weight of four eggs in caster sugar, self-raising flour and soft margarine (I use the organic butter/sunflower oil spread made by Pure)
1. Cream the margarine and sugar with a food mixer until it's light and fluffy.
2. Break the eggs into a jug, beat them with a fork then incorporate them into the margarine and sugar mixture a little at a time, whisking hard after every addition.
3. Sift in the flour, and fold it in gently. Divide the mixture between two greased and lined 8" (20 cm) sandwich tins.
4. Bake in the oven at 180 degrees c, 160 degrees fan, 350 degrees F, Gas Mark 4 for about 25 minutes or until the cakes are light brown and spring back to the touch.
5. Allow them to cool on a wire rack, then sandwich them together with raspberry jam. Delicious!
What are you doing this weekend? Have you got any writing planned?