Facebook Author Page


Wednesday 25 July 2012

The Count's Prize

I've had such lovely messages about my latest release for Harlequin, The Count's Prize, I thought it was about time I included it in my blog.  It's set in my favourite part of Italy, where the landscape inspires romance that tempts Josie to break her rule about never mixing business with pleasure...

He was standing so close to her, Josie could feel his presence as well as catch the delicious drift of his aftershave. It gave her a tremulous feeling deep within her body.

What's happening to me? I've come here to work, she thought in alarm, glancing up at him.
Dario was gazing out across the view, lost in thought. At that moment, as though feeling her gaze fall on him, he turned his head and their eyes met. Another sensuous ripple thrilled straight through her. 
And, as if knowing what was going through her mind, Dario granted her a slow, sweet, irresistible smile.
Copyright, Harlequin Mills and Boon Ltd. 2012

I'm delighted that so many of you have been in touch to say how you enjoyed Josie and Dario's story. In making my heroine a successful archaeologist I was going out on a bit of a limb but the reaction of readers was so positive, it gave me an idea for my current work in progress. The discovery of a dazzling treasure leads to danger...
Watch this space for further developments!

No comments:

Post a Comment