Facebook Author Page


Wednesday 6 June 2012

Some Summer!

At the beginning of this year, England was given dire warnings of drought after a year or so of below average rainfall. This had the predictable effect of covering us with clouds of unremitting gloom for weeks on end! If you saw the pictures of Queen Elizabeth's Jubilee, you'll know that London has been suffering from some horrible weather. Here in Gloucestershire, the parties went on under cover, but my poor bees weren't so lucky. The weather was so miserable, I had to give them several doses of sugar syrup to keep them going. I keep bees for the pleasure of watching them work and for their pollination services so honey is a bonus. That's just as well - at this rate there won't be much surplus to take from the hives. I'll be leaving it all on for them to support the colonies.
This has been a difficult year so far for me. Losing my father was hard, and there's been so much involved in winding up his estate, social networking has had to take a back seat. Tweeting, Skype and going on Facebook was such a part of my life for a while, it came as quite a shock to discover how much time it had been absorbing! It's a real tension reliever to chat but having got out of the habit over the past few months, I'm hoping to get back into the old routine and catch up with all the news. What have you been up to while I've been away from the keyboard? Did you see the Jubilee celebrations? 

No comments:

Post a Comment