Facebook Author Page


Monday 23 September 2013

Three Top Tips For Writing Your Book...

Power of Words by Antonio Litterio.jpg: Antonio Litterio derivative work: InverseHypercube
By Antonio Litterio

1. Stop dreaming and start working. The only person who can stop you becoming a writer is you. From the moment you express yourself in words, you’re a writer. The job title doesn't depend on getting published. Whether you keep a diary or create a best-selling series of books, the simple pleasure of opening a clean file or feeling a new page under your hand is unbeatable. Try it, and take that first step toward making your dreams a reality.

2. Make sure your mind is trained on your ultimate prize, whatever that might be. Wanting to write a book isn’t enough. You must believe with all your heart that you can finish your project, especially if your objective is publication. A solid core of belief is the only thing that will get you through the hours and hours of writing, re-writing, rejection and editing needed to reach your goal. You know you can do it. Now prove it – to me, and everyone else. Go on. I dare you!

3. You’ll never be short of ideas if you’re always equipped with some way of making notes as inspiration strikes. Keep a notebook and pencil by your bed. Carry a dictaphone. Have a dedicated folder on your device of choice  - but don’t forget to back it up regularly. Have one memory stick for each day of the week. As an extra safeguard in case your external memory gets corrupted, lost or stolen, email your work in progress to yourself once every seven days as a backup.

Visit the Hints and Tips page of my website for lots more ideas.

3 comments:

  1. Some great tips. And today I forgot my note pad!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting, Lorraine - I know the feeling. The number of times I've resorted to jotting notes on paper napkins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to express some thanks to this writer for rescuing me from such a situation. Because of looking out through the world wide web and obtaining principles that were not productive, I figured my life was done. Being alive without the presence of approaches to the issues you’ve solved by way of your main article is a crucial case, and ones which may have in a negative way affected my career if I had not come across your website. Your actual natural talent and kindness in taking care of every item was precious. I am not sure what I would have done if I hadn’t encountered such a stuff like this. I am able to now look ahead to my future. Thanks for your time so much for the expert and effective help. I will not be reluctant to endorse your site to any person who should have direction on this situation. buy an essay

    ReplyDelete