Facebook Author Page


Monday 13 January 2014

Some Good News...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2d/IMG_0177_-_Wien_-_Peterskirche.JPG
By Andrew Bossi

It was great to discover that the Christmas Tree Festival mentioned in my blog on 22nd December 2013 raised over £2,000. This was more than three times the figure they raised in 2012! It was all thanks to the hard work of many local people, and the generosity of a whole lot more. As well as money, there were plenty of contributions of tins and packets for the local food bank. I hope you managed to visit the church if you were in the area at the time- it was a beautiful display.

During the summer, The Church of The Holy Jesus in Lydbrook hopes to hold a flower festival. After the lovely show they put on in December, I can't wait. When I find out more details about it, I'll let you know. 

If you sign up for my newsletter, you'll be among the first to see the artwork for my March 2014 release, Jewel Under Siege.  To subscribe, just drop a line with "subscribe" in the subject line  to christinahollis(at)hotmail.co.uk, replacing the (at) with @.

No comments:

Post a Comment