Facebook Author Page


Saturday 16 March 2013

Food, Men and the Weekend...

By Clare

What a lovely line up! First of all, the food. Here's the picture that didn't quite make it in time to be included in my blog as a new fan of the Abel and Cole Writers' Lifeline - otherwise known as their box scheme.  You can get more information about them here (love those Easter treats, by the way). 

Food has also been featuring in a big way in my son's science lessons recently. His class have been working on the difference between mixtures and compounds. Last week they made Cornflake Cakes. Apparently, they are a mixture on the basis that you could (in theory) separate out the cornflakes from the chocolate if you wanted to (ha - like that's ever going to happen!). This week, his class made Chocolate Brownies, in which cake mixture became the delicious compound we all know and love, by the application of heat.  His weekend homework is a delight, too - he has to write up the recipe of his favourite dish, for possible inclusion in a cookery book to be sold in aid of Marie Curie Cancer Care. He's quite a cook, so tonight we get to sample his Spaghetti Carbonara so he can take a photo to illustrate his written work. I can't wait - why wasn't science taught like that when I was at school? 

Enough of the pure enjoyment - now to put a little impure sizzle into your weekend. I'm blogging over at Authorsoundrelations right now, about matching the hero and heroine I have in my mind as I work on my current book with some images of real people. The idea is to find some photos to go on my inspirations board. Here's one of the front runners, Ian Somerhalder, to whet your appetite - I'd love you to drop by and join in the fun!
notmyson, by vagueonthehow


No comments:

Post a Comment